Apart from working at TCC, I am spending a majority of my time at the pottery studio. Tony has been up to his ears with freelance work, so it has worked out well. My potting mentor, Jeff, the owner of the studio, has been pushing me and encouraging me to really take my "hobby" to the next level. I feel so blessed to be able to pursue something I have always had a passion for.
Since I am a visual learner, I ask Jeff OFTEN for demonstrations.
Monkey do...
Tony and I feel like we are dating Tulsa in a way. We are trying to keep the spark alive with our new city. Trying to do fun things, spending some quality time with Tulsa. Some of our favorite spots have been....
A Chicago Style pizza place that plays Cubs and Bears games...
The Tulsa Aquarium....
And my favorite, long walks by the river...
It's getting pretty serious.
When Tony and I first moved to Tulsa we were flooded with mixed feelings. Our life in Milwaukee was very full, we had great friends, a great church, close to family.... We went through a grieving process for the first months we were here; questioning what God was doing. We had been so emotionally stretched making Milwaukee home that we wondered if we could really handle doing it again in another city. I was really starting to feel like an exile - displaced from my real home. Then God gave me a much needed word.
"Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, to all the exiles whom I have sent into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: Build houses and live in them; plant gardens and eat their produce... But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare."
Jeremiah 29:3-7
We had spent so much time waiting for God to bring fruitfulness to us, that we weren't being pro-active about making Tulsa our home and really seeking out God's purposes and plans for us in this season. We had allowed ourselves to become burnt out...we were exhausted. We lost sight on how sovereign God had been to get us down here and struggled with letting go of the blessings of yesterday to open up and receive the blessings God has for us today. The more we have poured into this city, taking opportunities as they come, the more doors have been opened to us and we have had such clarity on why God chose Tulsa for us.
We are excited to see what's next!












I'm so glad Tulsa is becoming "home" to you. It's a good thing to see the blessings around you. Your pottery mentor looks like a old hippy! :)
ReplyDeleteLove ya!